Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caught Napping!

I was a little slow this month but I finally completed my take on Sam's gorgeous sketch for Handmade by Suzanne this month. So, if you've got a reason for being stuck indoors this weekend, why not give it a go. You could win a lovely prize! You can find more detail here.
Here is my take on it. The photo is of my dad having a nap on Christmas day. Lol! He can fall asleep just about anywhere and when caught out he always says 'I'm not sleeping, I'm just resting my eyes'. I've used some pattern papers that I've had for a loooong time and some bits and pieces I've had lying around. I just love my new MS punch. :)
A close up of my little cluster in the corner.
And another close up of the owl. I painted the little hearts red and shined it up with a bit of Dimension Magic.
This layout was a 'just because' layout of my brother and I. We don't see each other very often but had the privilege of spending Christmas day together last year (after not seeing each other for 4 years).
All the products used are from Handmade by Suzanne: Basic Grey 'Curio' pattern papers, Kasercraft lace and mini doily, Basic Grey micro mono alphas, Scrapware Correboard Alphas, Kaisercraft Paper blooms and Ink.
A close up of those gorgoeus Kaisercraft paper blooms. It's a new favourite of mine and its available in so many colours! Check it out here.
And another close up...
That's all for today. Hope you are all enjoying a fantastic weekend doing something you really love. Until next time!
Love M xox

15 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Love your pics, especially you dad napping, very cute. Great use of papers and embellies. Mmm, like that punch too.

Rachael Funnell said...

Gorgeous Layouts!! Caught napping Layout is Awesome, Gr8 idea putting date inside the owl! & YES love your MS punch too....
& a lovely Layout of you & your Brother......
XX

Heather Jacob said...

how beautiful .. these are magical memories for you and the future generations ... simply stunning Lo's love then both .. great colours ..thanks so much for leaving your congrats on my blog I am very excited ..hugz x

Sue Plumb said...

LOL @ your first LO - my dad says the exact same thing! Gorgeous work on both LOs, that MS punch is simply divine! And I am off shopping for some of those flowers now too! LOL XXX

Kerryn said...

fabulous pages Marelize!!!

Mel said...

Both layouts are just stunning Marelize, I have to tell you, I am a little slow this month, cramming in some challenges at the end of the month, but I love what you did with the layered circles and your brother looks just like you. Melxx

Judith said...

Great layouts. I too love that punch. I'm just putting the finishing touches to my HBS sketch layout now.

Kim said...

lovin the clean lines, and that owl chippie is just PERFECT!

SkrapPrincess said...

Beautiful, I love the owl chippie on "Caught Napping".

Fiona said...

Gorgeous layouts! Resting my eyes must be a Dad saying, mine says exactly the same thing. I love your Brother page, it is perfect.
Fiona
x

kathie said...

I love both of these Marelize! The first one made me laugh because I could so easily make exactly the same page about my dad :)

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO's Marelize.. love all the detail and colour and your new punch looks fabulous!! :)

Shirley-Anne said...

Just love your embellishments on your awesome pages .

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Marelize!! I love your work and especially love the chippy on the first one! I have it and you have inspired me to get it out! xx

Leonie said...

Hi Marelize, gorgeous LO's. Oh and i can see why you love that MS punch it looks great, i'm developing a bit of a thing for MS punches lol but i haven't seen that one;)