Tuesday, November 19, 2013

'White with a Pinch Of'

Hi there blog friends! I hope you are all well. I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog post!
I've spent this past weekend at The Scrapbook Store's Retreat and as per usual had an absolute blast! I did manage to get a few layouts done, in between all the chatting and laughing. :)
But, before I carry on for too much longer, I want to share the latest challenge at Scrap Africa with you.
The challenge is "White with a pinch of" and is about creating a project that is 90% white and 10% any other colours.
Here is my take on it.  I've used a photo of my friend's little girl and mainly added my colour in the form of butterflies.  Can you believe I fussy cut all of them?! :)
I then finished it off with a few flowers, a couple of words and my title, which I cut 3 times in coordinating paper using the Die-Versions 'Precious' die.
To avoid allocating too much 'space' to colour, I added a couple of stitched circles.

To see all the other DT members' gorgeous examples, take a look HERE.
You have until the end of November to link up your entries. Why not give it a go?
 
That's all for today.  I will be back soon with another layout to share. Hopefully I can change this 'blog drought' for a while!
Thank you so much for visiting! Have a wonderful week!
Until next time.
M xox

9 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous page Marelize! I love the butterflies and sewing...really such a super design! Fabulous! ;-)

Lizzy Hill said...

Those circles look FABULOUS!!! And the butteflies are really, really sweet...lucky you going to retreat...sounds just DIVINE!!!!!!!

Chantelle said...

such a stunning page Marelize - def love the butterflies and the stitching!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your page. Such a great design. Love the stitched circles and the lovely butterflies.

Tracey said...

Just Beautiful....love the pretty design. Omgosh, it must have taken you a long time to fussy cut the butterflies!

Lizzyc said...

This is so cute, and all those butterflies are sweet and colorful.. adorable photo too..love the stitched circles they add interest to the layout..

Judith said...

Beautiful. I love all the butterflies and the stitched circles.

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful LO Marelize, your hand cut butterflies look fabulous and I adore the stitched circles!!

Chantalle said...

Perfect circles... tell me the secret!! ;) Such a beautiful layout