Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #30 and Prima 'Time Traveler'

Hi everyone!  Just a quick post to share the new Sketch Challenge over at Scrap Africa with you.  It's another gorgeous sketch designed by the very talented Denise Van Deventer.
My take on the sketch using the beautiful Prima 'Time Traveler' collection.  I was lucky enough to receive this collection in my May DT kit from The Scrapbook Store.  The photo was taken on my parents' wedding day in 1959.  I have added my journaling on the back of the layout.
A close up showing some of the stencil work. I've used the Crafters Workshop Mini 'Live Love Laugh' and Mini 'Art Is' templates together with texture paste mixed with black Shimmerz Paints.
 I love the little Prima resin angels. :)  All the flowers are from the 'Time Traveler collection.
 The title is a wood veneer word from WOW.
The chipboard leaves and word strips are from the TSS chipboard collection.
I hope you get a chance to play along with the sketch.  I would love to see your entry!  To get all the details and to see the rest of the Design Team's gorgeous examples, take a look HERE.


I have also created another layout using the Prima 'Time Traveller' collection.  This time I teamed it up with photos of Thandi, our Dachshund puppy taken in 2007. :)  I've cut one of the patterned papers into strips and used it to weave a background for my photos.
 A close up to show more of the weaving.  If you were wondering... Thandi is the Zulu word for 'precious'. :)
The leaves were cut using the Poppy Stamps 'Small Marianna Vine Outline' die.
All the flowers are from the 'Time Traveller' collection.
That's all I have for today.  I have just returned from the TSS retreat this past weekend and I'm leaving again on Friday to attend the Craft Expo in Brisbane.  So many exciting things happening right now!  Better go and get some sleep. :)
Thank you so much for popping by my blog.  I appreciate it.
Until next time!
M xox

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layouts! I thought thandi may have been sandi but with a lisp!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Both your pages are stunning...and I am so tempted to get this line of paper...then I think of my huge stash. Sigh!

Lizzy Hill said...

I was going to say I ADORE that top page...the yummy vintage-ness of it...but there is a DOG in the 2nd one....so of course, well, hands down WINNER for total cuteness:):)!!!! HAve a BLAST at the expo!!!

Helen Wallace said...

A great adaptation of the sketch for the gorgeous wedding photo. Love the quotes and the angels :D

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning pages Marelize! In both layouts...love the papers you used! Love the vintage feel to both...the colouring and details are awesome! Beautiful, beautiful work! ;-)

Kim said...

beautiful rich feel to both of these...

sarah martin said...

Wow Marelize what stunning pages! Love love the first one. Amazing use of that template and the embellishments are so beautiful x