Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I'm back...

I'm back at last! I can't tell you guys how good it feels. It's like I've been living someone else's life for the last month. Lol, it wasn't quite that bad... I'm just suffering from extreme scrapping withdraw!!! For everybody thats wondering what kept me so busy during the last 5 to 6 weeks, I'll give you a quick update. We bought a unit that was in serious need of a total make-over and everything happened so quick that there wasn't too much time to think. There were a lot of dust, very early mornings and late nights and too many tradesmen to remember. We are getting to an end now and hopefully the unit will be ready to go on the rental market by Monday next week. I just hope we can find a tenant soon... then we'll be able to relax a bit. All a bit too stressful for me.
Well, my 'boss lady' over at Handmade by Suzanne was all very understanding (Thanks Suzanne!) but its back to bussiness for me now and back to my DT responsibilities (and how I've missed it!!) I've done my first layout for HBS using the brand new Kaisercraft range called 'Hippy Girl'. I love the colours in this range and the printed chipboard and journalling tags are great. The very cute butterfly is from Jenni Bowlin. All products used are available here.

A card made from the left overs. And another Jenni Bowlin butterfly.
I promise I'll be back soon with more to share. I'm also planning on catching up on everybody's blogs by the weekend. Wish me luck!
Hope you are all having a wonderful week and thank you so much for visiting!
M xxx

8 comments:

Kim said...

love all your layering Marelize....and I love your simple but stylish design....so glad to have you back!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Marelize, glad to see you back! Sounds like you've had a rather hectic month, so a bit of quiet creative time might be just what you need. Love your projects, very feminie and beautiful!

Judith said...

Welcome back. Love your layout.

Sue Plumb said...

So glad to have you back, have missed you! Glad to hear all the renos went well (am sure there will be a LO or two that comes from it) and hope you find a tenant quickly too.
As for your scrapping...gorgeous!!! You always make pps that I think look hard to work with look easy!
Hugs to you! XXX

kathie said...

I just typed up a post and accidentally pressed a key and bam, it disappeared :(. Glad to see that you're able to find some free time again. We have a couple of properties that we rent out so I can understand how much time they can take up!

Liz Weber said...

Hello Hello Hello Marelize, so nice to see and hear from you again! I missed seeing your layouts and cards and Ijust LOVE this beautiful layout, you can make any paper look good your cutting out and design is beautiful! That card is just so elegant and pretty, I just LOVE the butterfly and flower combo.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Great to see you back Marelize! Love your gorgeous layout and card, they are just beautiful :)

Clare said...

So glad you are back hun and what a big time you have been having! do hope you find a tennant real soon. You have been very missed but what a come back with this gorgeous LO and card. Such a beautiful pic of you and your girl! and such a wonderful mix of colour and florals. Such a pretty range by Kaiser. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog. Big hugs Clare xxx