Thursday, October 06, 2011

October sketch at Handmade by Suzanne

Hi there scrappy friends!  I hope your week is going well. I personally can't wait for the weekend. Not that I had a bad week... weekends are just better. :)  I'm also looking forward to catching up with two scrappy friends on Saturday and hopefuly I will have something to share on Monday. :)
Here is Handmade by Suzanne's gorgeous sketch for the October challenge.  Shell designs the best sketches, don't you think?  You can get all the details here.
Here is my take on it.  I've had this pic for a while now and my DT pack this month was just perfect for it.  Love the new Jillibean Soup.  This is 'Apple Cheddar Soup' and the chippie clouds are from Dusty Attic.
 The Mini Paper Blooms from Kaisercraft is just the perfect size when you want to add that little something.
I've used my Silhouette machine to cut the words 'Wonderful DAY' as I just can never find the right red alphas when I need it. :)
The date and phrase stickers are from Jillibean Soup too, called Soup Lables 'Journaling Sentiments'.
I hope you are going to give the sketch a go this month.  There is a $30 store voucher up for grabs and all you have to do is enter, as the winner gets determined by random draw.  If you haven't seen all the latest arrivals at Handmade by Suzanne yet, then make sure you check them out here.  You won't be disappointed!
That's all for today! Have a fantastic weekend whatever you are planning!
Until next time!
M xox

13 comments:

Leonie said...

Cool Layout, love how you've used these papers. I used them last month in a heap of layouts it's cute hey!? I've printed this sketch out intending to do it this
weekend :)

Ella Swan said...

What a sweet layout - love the little trees! Yes I agree the sketch is awesome - gee I haven't even thought about the weekend yet but I guess you are nearly a day ahead of me there!

Heather Jacob said...

wow this is sensational !!!! and those little trees are to die for such sweet embellies .... love the whole page ... just perfect .. hugz x

Chantelle said...

The sketch looks great and so does your LO - those little trees are so cute. Love your paper distressing too - I hope to play along.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh a wonderful use of the Jillibean Soup goodies!! Lovely LO with this sweet photo!

Toni Cartwright said...

WOW Marelize you have scrapped this here beautifully!!!!
Cute Trees and you have followed that great sketch perfectly!!!
Great job I love the whole layout
TONI
XOOXOX

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Marelize!! You have done a great job with the sketch and congrats on your GDT possie at STG!! Love the challenge :))xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely interpretation of the sketch...and I LOVE the trees;-)

Kerryn said...

This is gorgeous Marelize!

Moonie said...

aww this is lovely Marelize.... I have this challenge ready to do.. just gotta get through my other scrapping comittments first x I love that green paper. Im sure I have it.

Karen said...

Lovely page! Those little trees are super cute and I love the way you have used the black matt, really makes the whole thing pop!

Julie said...

this is gorgeous. i love my growing stash of kaiser mini flowers.

Cathy said...

Beautiful page Marelize.. love all the sweet details!! WOO HOO congrats on your GDT spot at STG!! :)) hugs