Wednesday, November 14, 2012

More 'Glitz Design'

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share another layout I did using my DT pack from The Scrapbook Store.  Remember my 'wild' layout from my last blog post?  Lol! Well, I tried to tone it down a little with this one.  This lovely pic is of my mum when she was 26. At 81 (it's her birthday tomorrow), she is still as beautiful as back then. xx
I have used this gorgeous sketch from Scrap Africa as inspiration.  Love their sketches. 
Here's my layout using the Glitz Design 'Cashmere Dame' collection.  The flourishes and the words are TSS Chipboard. The yellow scalloped half circles on the edge of my page were punched from a We Are Memory Keepers Washi Sheet (now available from The Scrapbook Store).  It comes in a range of colours and patterns and in 12 x 12 size, which means you are no longer limited to what you can do with it. :)
 I've used an assortment of Prima flowers and Green Tara Mini Roses and Rose Buds.
 A close up of the title and the gorgeous chippies. :)
I have more to share but will leave it for another day.
I'm off to an early Christmas dinner with some friends tonight, but will be back tomorrow to leave some love on my fave blogs.
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time.
M xox

17 comments:

Adriana B said...

gorgeous layout :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely papers...your plain chippy title looks FAB...must try to get into chippy as it really is delicious here:):):) Oh, & she is a stunner!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layout is beautiful Marelize. I am so glad you are playing along with us.

Kerryn said...

Such a stunning photo! Your page is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Marelize and the papers work really well with your photograph. So beautifully retro! I just love it.

Clare said...

Such a beautiful delicate layout Marelize. How wonderful these memories are for your Mum to share. Those flowers are so pretty. Hugs Clare xxxx

Linda Eggleton said...

Such pretty papers & your layout is gorgeous Marelize :) Love the photo of your mum too - happy birthday to her for today. xx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is a very beautiful classy page, Marelize! :)

Kim said...

Oh my this is just soooooooo divine!

Chloe said...

Just beautiful, M!! Love the punched circles!!

Chantelle said...

oh it's so pretty Marelize and what a great photo - really love the flourish chipboard :) Looks like you are enjoying this collection :)

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a beautiful and classic layout Marelize! I love the clean lines! Beautiful photo and florals....gorgeous work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Leanne said...

Wow Marelize! Beautiful design and embellishments for this lovely photo. Love the washi paper :)

Vika (БандиткА) said...

beautiful, i like it!
Vika (Scrap Africa)

Tracey said...

So so pretty.......love the gorgeous spray of flowers. Beautiful layout!

Sandie said...

Uh huh! Now I know what you mean with the washi sheet, looks great Marelize. Another gorgeous layout, really like your floral arrangement and how it trails with little buds along the chipboard. So pretty. Your Mum is a beauty.

Ella Swan said...

Stunning layout! I love how you have added the flowers to your chippie vine!!