Thursday, May 08, 2014

May Sketch challenge at The Scrapbook Store

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share the May Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store with you.  For a while now I've been pondering with the idea of designing my own sketches, but just didn't know where to start.  With the help of my gorgeous scrappy friend Denise van Deventer, I finally got on my way and in no time I was totally addicted.  To get to the point... I am now the new sketch designer for The Scrapbook Store!  I hope you will like what I've done and will play along.  There's a $40 store voucher up for grabs and  it includes free shipping!  You've got until the end of the month to get your entries in.  To see the rest of the DT's gorgeous creations and to upload your entry, go HERE.
Here's the May sketch.
And my take on the sketch using the Glitz Design 'Carpe Diem' collection.  The photo is of my friend's little girl when she was only a few weeks old. 
 The deer, the phrase sticker and the hearts are all epoxy stickers from the 'Carpe Diem' range.
Love these cork heart stickers from the American Crafts 'DIY Shop' collection.  I've cut the title on my Silhouette machine.
 Here's another layout I've done with this collection.  The photo was a 'selfie' taken on the night of my son's actual 21st birthday.  We were on our way out to dinner.  I've used one of the new Prima stencils called 'Floral Rose #2' and scraped over with some texture paste using an old credit card.  Once it dried, I put my stencil back into place and wiped on some colour using my Prima chalk inks.
I've used a variety of Prima flowers from my stash and a few of the die cuts from the 'WhatNots' pack from the 'Carpe Diem' collection.
That's all I have for now.  I'm busy working on some projects, so will hopefully be able to share soon.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  I appreciate you taking the time to do so.
Until next time!
M xox

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

That is a wonderful sketch, I hope to join in.. and your layouts are really lovely too.. I do like that prima rose mask.. very nice!!

Lizzy Hill said...

It was a FUN sketch to use....even though I didn't stick real close to it....but I reckon they should be just starting off points, anyways...I'm so glad you're enjoying doing them...as always, lovely work here:):):)

Judith said...

Great sketch. I'm hoping to try and get it done this month. Two sweet layouts. Great as always.

Leanne said...

gorgeous! Love this LO Marelize..x

Heather McMahon said...

Go you on the sketches Marelize! And this one's excellent! Love it! Fab layouts - I love that you didn't follow your own sketch to the nth degree :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Way to go Marelize. Your sketch is lovely and so is your pages. I want to thank you for your encouragement and your love. I appreciate your friendship.

Denise van Deventer said...

Your sketch is so super Marelize! I really didn't do anything....you did it all by your wonderful self! It's super! I love that soft page you created too...love the layers and that precious photo! Beautiful family page too....love the background and texture! Beautiful work! x