Sunday, February 26, 2012

1966 Family Home

It's a great day in Perth today with the maximum temperature set for around 27 C. We've had some horrid humid weather last week so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :) 
Just want to share a layout I did following the Kaisercraft Febuary Saturday Sketch #1. I've used Kaisercraft 'These Days' pattern paper and collectables as well as Kaisercraft Paper blooms and Mini Paper blooms. The wooden 'Iron Gate' is from Kaisercraft too. The brick pattern on the background was made using the Crafters Workshop 'mini bricks' template with some texture paste and Glimmer Mist (once it dried).  I've added Basic Grey mini alpha stickers to the title. The pics are of the old farmhouse I grew up in and what it looked like in 1966. My parents renovated it a fair bit over the years since these pics were taken.
A couple of close ups. :)


This is what the sketch looks like.

That's all for today! Thank you so much for visiting and for all the beautiful comments you always leave. They make my day. :)
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Until next time.
M xox

12 comments:

Mandy said...

really wonderful...what great photos to have too...you always have wonderful photos....loving those gates..just perfect...xxx

Angela said...

Oooooo! lovely Marelize!... those papers are so pretty & I love the brick work :-)

Thanks for always leaving me such wonderful comments too xx

Clare said...

Hi gorgeous girl, wow you have been a busy bee lately!!. Your layout is so beautiful. Absolutely love those wooden gates and how you have opened them up to your home. I so love black and white pics too. Hope you are well angel, so sorry the weather has been so hot. We actually have a beautiful and sunny day here in UK today. It's making me look forward to the warmer weather. Big hugs Clare xxx

Elaine said...

Love your LO. How special to have photos from where you grew up, likes like a great place too. I love the wooden gate. Booked into Suzanne's scrapbook retreat so look forward to seeing everyone again.

Paula said...

Love what you've done with those papers & the fussy cutting...brilliant layout!

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Marelize.. adore the fussy cut elements and your textured brick work.. gorgeous work!! :)) hugs

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am sure that scrapping your old home must have brought back so many wonderful memories. You did an awesome job scrapping these memories.

Julie said...

looks great love the gates

Kim said...

This is lovely Marelize, I really like how those gates are almost framing the photo!!!

Karen said...

Love the way you used the gates. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday :)

Belinda said...

Gorgeous work Marelize!! Love the bricks combined with those beautiful gates. :-)

Ella Swan said...

This is one great layout my dear - I love your take on that sketch, the bricks and the gate - superb!!