Sunday, March 04, 2012

March Sketch Challenge at Handmade by Suzanne

Hi there everyone! I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday afternoon with your family or friends.  It's a little on the hot side in Perth today, but I'm not complaining, as at least it is not humid. :)
I just want to share the new sketch for March at Handmade by Suzanne with you today.  Our sketch designer, Michelle Fowler, has once again done a fantastic job!! Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it. I've used the new Bo Bunny 'Alora' collection for this.  Bright colours aren't normally my thing, but I'm almost happy with the way this turned out. Lol!  The pic is of my DD and a friend when the friendship was still very new back in January 2008.  Both of them have grown up so much since. :)
 A little close up of my flower cluster.  I've done a lot of fussy cutting here.  Don't you just love those little wooden toadstools from Kaisercraft?!!
I've cut two of the birdhouses from my pattern paper and layered it with foam tape.  I've created the punched edge using one of my Martha Stewart Punch around the Page sets.
 I seem to be using a lot of banners on my pages lately. :)
I hope you feel inspired to give the sketch a go!  There is a $30 store voucher with free postage up for grabs and the winner gets determined by random draw.  Al you have to do is enter!  Just upload you take on the sketch into the GALLERY before the end of March.
If you want to get all the latest news and find out about all the latest products that hit the Handmade by Suzanne store, why not sign up for our newsletter?  You can read the latest newsletter HERE.
Hundreds of new products have been uploaded into the store over the last couple of days.  You can find all the new products HERE.  There is also a March Maddness Sale going on at the moment with prices discounted by 35%!
That's all for today.  Thank you so much for visiting and have a great week!
Until next time!
M xox

15 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Hi Marelize, your layout is so lovely, I love that banner and the gorgeous border (I think I need that punch). I adore all those very cute mushrooms! FAB take on a really gorgeous sketch!

Adriana B said...

wow this is so wonderful, love the layout, the papers, that cute little bird house in the corner, love it all :)

Leonie said...

Hi Marelize, this is great. I love the bright colours, the red punched border looks fab and I love the banner too.

Angela said...

I love what you've done with the bright colours Marelize. All the fussy cutting is fabulous & so cute! Love that red border too :)

Marg said...

Beautiful....I am hoping to find some spare time to have a go at this challenge this month :-)

Kim said...

those bright pops of red and blue against the white really makes this layout shine!

Unknown said...

Adorable page Marelize :) Love the little birdhouse and the punched border!

Al Hannah said...

This is so sweet, love the red background page ... or is that just a punched border tucked in behind the white cardstock? The little flowers and clusters dotted around are so sweet! And the mushrooms add just that little bit more to finish it! Love it Marelize x

Karen Shady said...

Hi lovely lady :) this LO is stunning... I LOVE all the bright colours.. thanks for your congrats xx

havea great week xx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful page, Marelize! You rocked that sketch. Love the little banner and all te happy patterns and colors!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Loving this bright and clean LO!!! Such a sweet photo! This is a terrific sketch. I might have to give it a go.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your layout...the colours are so beautiful together...the red just pops.

Judith said...

Great page. Love the colours and all your fussy cutting.

Her Essential Hand said...

oh yep... that page is just EXCEPTATIONAL!!! I am just playing wiht the sketch now.. its a beauty!
Its great to be working alongside you this month too :)
x

Kerryn said...

This looks great Marelize!ove the fussy cutting!