Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Once upon a sketch

Hi everyone! Every month I have the best intentions to play along at Once Upon A Sketch but time always seems to get the better of me.  This month I did it!  The deadline is tomorrow night, so I'm even early! Lol! What gives you the idea that I'm a last minute kinda girl? :)
Anyway... here is the sketch that you need to base your layout on.
The focus of your jounalling and the theme of your layout has to be bsed on YOU and something that you are really good at.  As I'm not really all that keen to scrap my own pic or talk about myself, I have decided to mention some of the positive aspects of my personality, which is that I'm caring, sensitive, loyal, friendly and loving. Although, I don't know if being sensitive is always such a positive. :)
Here is my take on the challenge.  This is one of the many pics that I considered as my profile pic to appear with the articles I'm currently doing for Scrapbooking Memories.  I found fault with every single photo I considered.  I suppose being a 'self critic' is one of my 'not so good' points. :)
I turned the sketch on its side to suit my photo better. :)  I've used my gorgoeus DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne.  I just adore the colours in this Simple Stories 'Fabulous' collection.  Here is close up of my flower cluster.  The big one is a Prima flower and the 3 smaller ones I've made myself using some scrap pattern paper.  The rhinestone swirl is from Zva Creative.
 A close up of my title and journalling. :)
I've use some of the gorgeous new Kaisercraft Ribbon roses in the 'coral' colour and another self made flower.
Can you tell how much I love my Martha Stewart 'frond' punch?  Hehe... one of my favourites.
I think that's all for today.  I've got a million things I still have to do today, so best I get up and go do it!
Thank you so much for visiting and for all the lovely comments you leave.  I really appreciate it.
Hope you are having a fabulous week!
Until next time.
M xox

23 comments:

Irini said...

Lovely layout ! fab take on the sketch...i too love that martha Stewart punch but i never seem to use it enough! LOL
Thank so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
hugz
irini

Rachael Funnell said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL layout Marelize!!!
WOW! I just LOVE those HM flowers & the Design is just FAN FAB U LAS.....

Unknown said...

Marelize, your layout is so beautiful! Love your take on Nadia`s sketch!
Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!
~Gerry~

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful layout & pic of you Marelize! <3

Tracey said...

Beautiful......layout Marelize, the colours are so pretty. Gorgeous details and great pic of you.

Jennifer Shaw said...

A terrific take on this great sketch! I have it saved for future use. A wonderful photo of you and these papers are so warm and happy. I am planning a self-portrait Lo for an upcoming challenge. I hear you about the not really being keen on scrapping ourselves. I wonder why we save everybody else's images and stories but our own? Must be a mother thing! I'm always really happy to have done one once it is finished. Have a great week!

Ella Swan said...

What a lovely layout & pic Marelize! I've started subscribing again to Scrapbooking Memories & seen you in there - it was cool! I was showing my family my friend Marelize LOL!! I've also signed up for HBS - wow - quite the store! I was impressed!! I may put in an order for small, flat stuff like bling. I've tried Aussie stores before & the postage is bad news but the ID chipboard I get through OUAS I notice is reasonable postage so I may try the Zva as they don't stock it at my regular US store where I get the bulk of my goodies! So thanks, it's all thanks to you :)

Leonie said...

This is a lovely page, loving all those fresh colours again with that paper range.
I love it when I see something on peoples pages that reminds me 'oh yeah I have that punch' thanks for the reminder. :)
Will have to pull out my frond punch and that fan shaped one too. I like how you've used that on your page.
Cheers. x

Ella Swan said...

Aaaaaand...after all that I forgot to say "Thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch!"

Jasmine S said...

Just beautiful Marelize. This page is so soft and feminine and your smiling face looks gorgeous amongst it. Great take on the challenge.

Chantelle said...

it's a gorgeous page Marelize - very you and I love what journalling words!! Love that rose ribbon too - great stuff!!

Belinda said...

It's a beautiful photo and a beautiful layout Marelize. Gorgeous work. :-)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Hi Marelize! Beautiful take on the sketch! So clean lines and so balanced!!! Great work once again!!!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Julie said...

Just gorgeous

sandi said...

This is just beautiful! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Karen said...

This layout fits the name of the line perfectly- fabulous! As for the pic, I think we are usually way more critical of ourselves than anyone is :)

Liz Weber said...

Beautiful work Marelize, love a layout about you. The rosette is just gorgeous and I love your pretty flowers and I just got one of those MS frond punches and adore mine!

phamil said...

Beautiful page! Love your florals and your punch work! Beautiful colors too! Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge at OUAS!

Lynette Jacobs said...

What is it with us that we never like our photos and find it so difficult to scrap and journal about ourselves;-) You photo is beautiful and your does justice to it. That trim you used just rounds it off perfectly.

Cathy said...

Beautiful page Marelize.. adore the colours and your yummy flower cluster.. gorgeous photo of you too!! :))

Kim said...

I think we are all our own worst enemy ... It's a lovely photo and the details are just yummy !!!

Al Hannah said...

Hi Marelize, hope you have a great week. You're always so sweet to me, and you know how much I adore your work.
I've left a message on my blog just for you - hope you like it. xo

Leanne said...

You look gorgeous as does your page! Your little handmade flowers are so beautiful xx