Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Believe

My poor neglected blog! I've been SO busy with all things non-scrappy that I had no time to scap for over 2 weeks. Things are starting to slow down a little... for the next week anyway. I have so many deadlines to meet, so I better get scrapping! Lol! Just want to share another layout I created with my DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne. I've decided to play along with Stuck Sketches again, doing their 15th March challenge this time. Here is the sketch:
Here is my take on it. :)  I've used the Simple Stories 'Fabulous' range.  I purposely went for a boyish layout (Lol! Well sort of!) as  I love the orange and turqouise in this collection. I made use of the opportunity to use my Crafters Workshop 'Mini Gears' template too. Oh, and my Martha Stewart 'Swirling Lace' Punch Around the Page set got a bit of attention too. :)
The flowers are a mixture of old and new Prima as well as another little handmade one.  The new range of Prima flowers are all so beautiful, it's so hard to choose!  The leaves were made using my MS frond punch.
I just love all the the Prima wooden buttons that's available now.  Perfect for those boy pages.  The new Kaisercraft word rubons are lovely too. I have used the word 'believe' in 2 places.
It was my boy's 19th birthday on Monday, so I made him a quick card using the Echo Park 'Times & Seasons' collection. I have used this range for so many projects already and I still think it's one of my favourites. :)
Hope you are all having a fantastic week.  I will be doing my rounds on the blogs soon.  I apologise for not leaving much love on your blogs during the last couple of weeks. :(  
Thank you so much for visiting!
Until next time.
M xox

13 comments:

Leonie said...

I hope things slow down a little for you so you have some scrappy time! :)
Gorgeous layout, those Prima buttons look divine!
Cheers.

Chantelle said...

Fantastic page Marelize - love that background misting and the punch border effect - and what a stunning picture too - well done!! Hope things slow down for you, so you can take the time create ☺

Debbie Smith said...

Oh what a lovely page and sweet flowers :-)

Angela said...

I love that colour combo too Marelize! Gorgeous page!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Hi Marelize! I saw your comment and stopped by to say hi!2 weeks without scrapping??? oh no!lol...I love your take on that sketch and the misting looks fantastic!!! I know what you mean about deadlines..but sometimes the best ideas come under presure!!!!
Enjoy scrapping!!
xoxo

Julie said...

these are both great.

Heather Jacob said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Marelize .... such delish colors and design ... love it xoxo

Rachael Funnell said...

I really need some more boyish things in my Stash & after seen this Layout... You have Convinced me to Grab that Mini Gears Template!!!
Totally Gorgeous & Awesome this Layout is!!!!
OH! & that Card is FANTASTIC...
Wishing your Boy A HAPPY Birthday for Monday!!!!
& have a FAB weekend.. ♥

just another day said...

Love this gorgeous page ...thanks for playing along at Stuck

Ella Swan said...

I love your mix of masculine and femininine elements here Marelize - beautiful layout! Happy birthday to your son too - lovely card :)

Tracey said...

Love your take on the sketch....great layout! love the colour combo too.

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is gorgeous...love the masking...and the flowers.

Liz Weber said...

Beautiful layout Marelize, just love the pretty borders and gorgeous flower cluster. That photo is gorgeous! Loving that card, love all the different elements you have made work together!