Thursday, February 27, 2014

Echo Park 'Times & Seasons 2'

Hi everyone! I am rushing this post through as there are only a few minutes left to get my entry in for Stuck?! Sketches.  I completed this layout over the weekend but haven't had a chance to take photos or do a blog post! Lol! Nothing like working under pressure, hey?!
Well here is my entry using the wonderful Echo Park 'Times & Seasons 2' collection. The photo is of my DS when he went to Malaysia and Singapore in February 2012.  He thought he was very clever by covering the 'et' of Market Place to discover his very own place. :)
 I painted the wood veneer title from WOW to suit the colours of my layout.
 I love adding hessian to my male pages. The flair badge matches the whole theme perfectly. :)
The chipboard clock face frame and circle are from 2Crafty.  I first gave it a layer of gesso and then inked it using a couple of different coloured inks.  I finally added some Diamond Dust in random spots.
A matching tag for my journaling.  All the butterflies have been fussy cut from this piece of patterned paper and then painted using 'Smooch Glitz' to give it some sparkle.
Here is the Stuck sketch from the 1st of February which I based my layout on.
That's all for today.  Now I better hit the 'publish' button and get my entry linked up, before it's too late!
Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day.
Until next time.
M xox

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page, I love what you did with the chipboard pieces and the burlap is a great addition to the page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL!! Looks like you got it in on time!! Fab page...such a Funny Son you have!!! Brill use of that map paper & the flair is totally spot on!!!

Sarah said...

Love the map paper backgroound! Thanks so much for joining us at 'Stuck' this month :)

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous layout...I love everything about it! Such a fun photo too! Love the burlap and the hot air balloon! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

sarah martin said...

Awesome page Marelize. Love the photo. And the male touches on the page.

Lee-Anne said...

I really love your layout and all the embellishments. Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

Denise van Deventer said...

Really such a fabulous page too! Love the chippies and the super, fun photo....really super!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the map background...and I have a love affair with circles...so this is very beautiful to me.