Sunday, March 02, 2014

More 'Times & Seasons' and Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge no. 27

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share my take on Scrap Africa's March sketch challenge.  I have used more of my February DT kit from The Scrapbook Store.  The photos are of my hubby.  He decided to grow his beard over his 2 week December break. I couldn't decide wether I liked it or not.  When he finally shaved before going back to work, I sort of missed it! Lol!
I've used the Echo Park 'Times and Seasons 2' collection.  I simply love the colours of this range.
A close up some of the embellishments.  The chicken wire chipboard is from Dusty Attic and the metal gears from Tim Holtz.
 The arrow charm is available from the TSS store. 

A metal button, a Petaloo flower and a camera charm.  The mesh is plasters mesh from my local hardware store. :)
I've cut my title using my Silhouette Cameo machine and created depth by applying foam tape between the two layers.

And here is the gorgeous sketch.  For more detail and to check out the stunning examples from the rest of the DT members and Guest DT members, have a look HERE.
It's a great sketch, so why not play along?  There are great prizes up for grabs!  You have until the 14th of March to get your entry in.
That's all for today.  Thank you so much for visiting.  Have a great week!
Until next time.
M xox
 

9 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

FAB 'man page'....i would NOT miss a beard...prickly old things:):) LOOVED how you used the Silly machine....I was so wanting to know how you did this since i saw it on FB!!! Looks great:):):)

Judith said...

Great masculine page Marelize. I'm not a fan of stubble. I love the feel of a freshly shaven face!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a cool boy page Marelize! Love it! Love the photies and your title....waaaay cool! ;-)

chilli pip said...

What a great layout , I think the sentiment you have used is so romantic.My hubbie has only had the stubble once and he looked like a sea captain of old. However George Michael in his younger days made stubble stunning.
You embellishments are so appropriate.

Paula said...

Such a brilliant layout Marelize! I love your title, so cool :)

Chloe said...

Fabulous page, Marelize!! Love how you're created your title ... and the mesh is cool :D

Kim said...

Love the layers under the photo ...

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning masculine page. I love your colour choices and the chipboard bits and dry walling tape looks great on your background.

sarah martin said...

Great page Marelize. The title is awesome. Stands out so well. Love how you used the sketch too x