Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store

I can't believe that I have totally forgotten to post this earlier!  Actually, I can believe just about anything can happen after these last 10 days.  What a busy time we've had!  My WA blog friends will probably know that The Scrapbook Store has moved into warehouse premises in North Perth.  We moved in on the 1st of March and the Grand Opening took place on Saturday, the 8th.  I must tell you I didn't realise that there were that many crafters in Perth... the place was buzzing!  It was a very busy but totally wonderful day!  We will also now be open every Wednesday and Friday afternoon as well as Saturday mornings, so I'm hoping to meet many more lovely crafty ladies soon. :)

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to share the March Sketch with you.  It's a PageMaps sketch and a very easy one to adapt to your own style.  Just have a look at all the beautiful examples from the DT in the Gallery.
Here is my take on it.  I've used more of the Echo Park 'Times and Seasons 2' collection that was part of my DT kit for February.
I've used a WOW chipboard word and a sticker from the collection to form my title.
Another close up of some of the layers.  All are papers, stickers of layered chipboard from the collection.
And another close up... just for fun. :)
And here is the gorgeous PageMaps sketch. 
I hope you get a chance to play along. There is a $40 store voucher up for grabs and it includes free shipping too.  The winner gets determined by random draw so anyone can win!  All you have to do, is enter. :)
That's all I have for today.  Hope you have a fantastic day!
Until next time.
M xox
 

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I really, really like this - the clean lines look fab & make the photo pop....sounds like you've been HECTIC!!!! Hopefully it will settle quickly:):)

Tracey said...

I really like this too! Love the clean lines, the focus is on the photo....fabulous work!

Lizzyc said...

Wow this is dapper, so masculine and the photo is so handsome.. love the mustache papers you have used too.. fabulous layout!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

LOL! I know all about BUSY. Your page is gorgeous Marelize...your son is a very handsome young man.

Kim said...

Looks fabulous Marelize

Chantelle said...

your take on the sketch is great Marelize - love how we are all 'different'. I hope that I can come check out the shop when I'm in Perth sometime - must be fabulous :)

Denise van Deventer said...

I love this boy page....I really like how you used the cardstock square on the striped background! Love the photo and masculine elements...Love it!