Monday, March 17, 2014

Scrap Africa Challenge No 27

Hi everyone!  Scrap Africa has a new challenge and it's all about 'Stars and Stitching'.  Include these 2 elements on your scrapbook page or card and link your entry by the 31st of March to be in the running for some awesome prizes.  Simple hey?!  For more information and to see the beautiful examples of the Design Team, have a look HERE.
For my example I have used the stunning Blue Fern Studios 'Blue Fern Garden' collection.  These gorgeous papers are part of my March DT kit from The Scrapbook Store. The photo is of my mum and dad taken in 2007.
A close up of the flower cluster.  I have used a mixture of Green Tara and Prima flowers.
I've used the Blue Fern Studios 'Graduated Circles' chipboard. I gave it a coat of gesso, inked the whole surface in an olive green colour and all the edges in brown. To create some depth I stamped onto the surface using the Kaisercraft 'Crackle' texture stamp and black Staz-On ink.  I've stitched the frame to my page in random places using hemp twine.
 The Green Tara flower stems work perfectly around a circle like this.
For my background I used the Crafters Workshop ''Mini Punchinella' stencil and some texture paste. I then went over it with light blue ink using my finger.
I hope you get a chance to play along at Scrap Africa.  We would love to see your take on this challenge.
That's all for today.  Thank you so much for popping by.  Have a wonderful week.
Until next time.
M xox

9 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Beautiful! LOOOVE those chippy circles & you've used it so brilliantly here - the 'interruption' of the flowers looks great...I really love your clusters all round the page, actually:):)

Chantelle said...

such a beautiful page Marelize - i love the sound of the challenge - fun.

Diane said...

What wonderful memories and page design.

Hugs diane

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am always drawn to circles. I love how you stitched it to your background paper. Love, love, love your flower clusters. Thank you for the love you left on my blog.

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is so beautiful.. love the colors and flowers and love the circle around your photo too.. lovely tribute for your parents.. love the star masking too..

Helen Wallace said...

This is such a soft and beautiful page. Love the chipboard circle and the texture work, it all works perfectly with the paper you chose. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Kim said...

Simply stunning Marelise!

Tracey said...

Really Beautiful..love the gorgeous flower clusters!

Denise van Deventer said...

Love that circle chippie and love your blooms, along with the beautiful papers! It's really a special page and a super,special photo! ;-)